Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 4: Quick Recap

I apologize to the 8 of you who wanted to read this.  I was working late, and then I had to pack my bag for my way too early flight tomorrow.  So I'm writing something quick because it's the right thing to do.

Skyler vs. Ren = Skyler squeezes out another win in the 4th quarter of Monday Night Football.

Trevor vs. Geoff = The battle between teams 10 and 11 (out of 12) goes to Trevor on a combined 60+ points from Andy Dalton and Jared Cook.  That was not a typo.

Chad vs. TJ = Last place Chad gets his first win over 3rd place TJ.  Upset of the week.  Chad's running backs: "Watch us cost Chad a chance at winning. TJ's Defense: "Hold my beer".

Brady vs. Jordan = Do you remember in NBA Live Volume whatever, when the announcer says something like "It's like a tank vs a dixie cup.  Who'd you think was going to win"?  I vaguely remember that, and it's what Brady did to Jordan this week.  Top scorer against the bottom scorer.  If you would have added Tyler's score (he was the third highest scorer of the week) to Jordan's score, he would have only beat Brady by 6.5

Matt vs. Tyler = Matt lost by 15, Sammy Watkins averages ~14 a game.  He got 0 tonight due to an injury.  I feel like we were cheated of a really close game, not that Tyler is complaining.

Kyle vs. Rob = The game of the week, it certainly didn't disappoint those who were following closely, except for Rob.  Kyle won by 0.68.  I'm a little disappointed that Emmanuel Sanders didn't hang onto the pitch from the hook and ladder, because I have no idea how it would have been scored.  I don't know if he would have been credited with the catch, or just the yards, but it would have possibly won Rob the game.  That was an intense ending.

There is only one matchup I care about next week.  And it is me vs. the St. George marathon.  The goal is to not get disqualified or die along the way.  I still want to beat Trevor, and I have another potential Monday Night miracle in Jordan Reed, but I'm not worried about that at the moment.  So good luck everyone next week.  Except for the slow pace guy at the marathon, and of course Trevor.

No comments:

Post a Comment