Sunday, December 4, 2011

Last Mcom Post

To be totally honest, I don't remember 100% what we are to mention in this post. So to cover all my bases I will be including a lot of stuff that probably isn't necessary.

I enjoyed this class because it was very practical. The information in the book was most valuable to me when it came to things like DOCS, HATS, OABC, etc. I enjoyed learning some of the grammar rules as well and I wish they would have been included in my freshman writing class. My only suggestion about the book/quizzes is that there should be an end of year review. Perhaps there is and I'm jumping the gun, but it would make studying for the final that much easier.

The group project was fine, other than it helped me see how hard it is to write something cohesively as a group. I suppose that was actually a good thing - extra preparation can't hurt right?

As far as blogging is concerned, I really enjoyed it because it got me to blog consistently. Most times I was unsure what to write though. My only suggestion comes from my freshman writing class. We had a class blog and part of the assignment of blogging was to critique others blog posts and write constructive criticism. We would include things like "you have a great style, but you jumped between 1st person and 3rd person too much" or other things like that. I would suggest making this part of the assignment, but only checking each other on things we learned on the grammar test. Doing so would help us remember what we learned and would allow us to put it in practice.

Overall, I liked the class and felt that I learned a lot from it. I am feeling a little stressed out this week with the single presentation and the final project that I still don't fully comprehend. I suppose that's all part of the last week of school though.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback. It's been great having you in class. I don't know how I'll keep up on my sports news without you and Tyler!

    Professor Thomas

    ReplyDelete