Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Night Football

Normally, my goal is to keep this page relatively sports free, and save that for the joint blog I do with Nick Barnum and Jason Robinson (which we haven’t been doing…oops) but because I have to blog for my M Com 320 class, I thought I would put it here. Now if you know anything about me, you know how much I love football. Simply put, I can’t get enough of it. I’m not 100% sure why it is, but if there is anything football related on, my attention is on it. Just ask my wife. If we go out to eat and Sportscenter is on…well let’s just say she’s not thrilled by the idea.

Now I enjoy watching NFL because it is the best team sport and it has the best athletes in the world. I enjoy watching college because it is the purest version of the sport, and has the most variety –But I HATE the BCS. Worst playoff system ever! — of all levels of football. I enjoy high school because it’s played simply because of desire and school pride, and because today is Friday, high school football games were going on all over the state. The one I was worried about was Dixie at Pine View.


Now I think I love high school football the most, even though I am now in college and don’t have any fantasy teams made up of high school kids. The reason why is because I have been where they are, I remember the joys and pains. But the biggest reason – I wouldn’t be who I am today without high school football. I would love to explain everything about it, but it would take too long, and this post is already lengthy. When you have time, I invite you to go to http://newmediaandgreatworks.blogspot.com/2010/11/radical-changes-to-my-passion-football.html It was for a class assignment, so it isn’t specifically tailored to tonight’s post, but it should give you an idea.


For now, I will just end it here. Congrats to the Dixie Flyers for beating Pine View on their homecoming. Beating PV was never something I accomplished in 3 years of varsity football, so I’m jealous. But I am grateful for those 3 years because they helped shape me. High school football on a Friday night – there’s nothing quite like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment