Thursday, September 1, 2011

Long time, no blog

This will mostly go unnoticed, but I am blogging again. I've been pondering the return to writing for sometime, and then my M Com 320 class made an assignment to blog once a week. So here I am, blogging. I could blog about my wedding and everything, but that was quite a while ago, and most of you who care to know about it probably do. In case you are one of those people who doesn't know, but wants to, let me give you a brief rundown. Everything went perfect (other than the heat), from pictures (and I hate pictures) to the reception and food and dancing and cake etc. We had a lemonade bar, and let me say, it was awesome. I recommend it for everything. I've thought about opening up a soda/lemonade bar here in Provo. That requires a little bit more capital than I have and more time than I'm willing to give...back to the point, the wedding was great, as was the honeymoon in Disneyworld.

Speaking of Disneyworld, it was AWESOME! I love Disney more than most things, save my wife, and football...yet football (and especially fantasy football) can be viewed in large part due to ESPN, which is 80% owned by Disney, so it's almost the same. This will reveal my inner nerd, but it was also Star Wars weekend, and I was in heaven. Jocelyn likes Star Wars too, but I think I enjoyed it more. We went on Star Tours eight times, and it made it so I couldn't drive home because I felt that everything was a motion ride. I'm sure that would be a great explanation if I would have got pulled over.

"Son, you're driving like a maniac, are you drunk?"
"No sir, I just rode Star Tours 8 times and now I feel like I'm helping the rebel alliance in my rental car."
"So you're high?"
"No officer, just crazy for Star Wars. Now if you'd let me keep driving, I'm going to go swerve between cars while my head keeps spinning."

That would have gone well...so after about 10 minutes I let Jocelyn drive (don't tell enterprise, she wasn't supposed to). Overall though, it was a great trip. Sure it rained on us, and it was gay week, which really wasn't a big deal except for the guys whose shorts were too short. It also seemed like all the obnoxious people were there for gay week, but when well over half of the people are there for that event, it changes the numbers, so I realize it's not a fair evaluation. On a side note, did you hear about the guy who was curbed after he came out of a gay club? I'm not sure who ever invented curbing, but no one deserves it, except maybe the person that invented it. It's just wrong. Back to Disney... we came home, all went well...Brady got pulled over the day before his birthday picking us up from the airport (thanks tuna).

So that's pretty much that. I'll get more consistent in writing...mostly because I have to, but also because it's good for me. Now if only I could figure out how to indent without hitting the space bar 50 times, my blog might be visually appealing enough to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment