Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 7: Luck is in the Eye of the Fantasy Team Owner

The fantasy football luck Gods giveth, and the fantasy football luck Gods taketh away.  Tyler lost last week by 0.74 and will win this week by 0.86.  You never know how things will bounce.  Speaking of bad luck, Chad pointed out to me that through 6 weeks, Ren is the leading scorer and that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th leading scorers were all in the North division.  Yet two of them only had 1 win each.  That’s some bad luck, as is being 2nd and 3rd in total points allowed, which they are.  More back luck, Brady is going to lose by .52 because Foster caught the touchdown.  Had he rushed it in, Brady would have won by 0.48.  Also, in my feeling bad for Brady, his last 4 games he has lost by a combined 14.19 points.  This week alone 4 of the 6 games had a bigger margin than that.

Enough about others, more about me. Even though I traded away Bell right before his best week of the year, I still managed to win.  I was simply hoping to win 1 of the next 3, so now I’m playing with house money – that doesn't mean I don’t want to win the next two though.  Also, Ren just pulled victory from out of nowhere, and I still only have a one game lead over him.  I thought I was going to have a two game lead over him.  Suck.  Shane Vereen was my surprise scorer which was nice, and Matt Ryan has been under performing for some time.  Ugh.

In other games, Chad won (meaning I still only have a 3 game lead in division) over Trevor in what was the game of the week because they were the #3 and #4 teams.  Chad’s win will put him into third place.  Konner won and will also jump Trevor because of the points tie breaker. So Trevor drops down to 5th.  Fortunately for him, Rob lost, so he doesn't lose any ground to Rob.  Tyler did win, and so Rob will drop in the overall standings below Tyler.  Jordan will move up over Kyle, and the bottom 3 will stay the same.

So the standings look something like this:
Skyler 7-0
Ren 6-1
Chad 4-3
Konner 4-3
Trevor 4-3
Tyler 4-3
Jordan 3-4
Rob 3-4
Kyle 3-4
Matt 2-5
Brady 1-5
Geoff 1-5
So the big games next week will be Chad and Tyler, Brady and Kyle, Rob and Geoff, and Trevor and Jordan.  They either have the same record or are one game apart. If Jordan loses, Rob loses, and Kyle loses, Brady and Geoff wouldn't move too far up (they would jump Matt), but they would be only one game behind the 7-9 spots, and could make a move to pass them and target the last wild card spot.

I won’t go into projections right now, I’ll just mention key bye week players for those games.  For Geoff and Rob, the only serious bye or injuries are Andre Williams on bye and Montee Ball who is likely out, leaving Rob a little thin at RB.  Chad and Tyler: The 49ers are out meaning Chad loses Gore and Davis (not that he has played Davis much) and Tyler will lose the 49ers DST. Brady and Kyle:  Only Fred Jackson looks to be out, so this should be a regular game. Jordan and Trevor:  Trevor will be without Crabtree and Donnell, and Jordan will miss Boldin, but Green should be back that week.

That’s all for this week.  We should see a more interesting playoff landscape the next two or three weeks if any of the middle or lower teams can put together a win streak.  Good luck to everyone but Matt next week.

Weekly Record: 3-1 (I’m simply waiting for the 1-3 or 0-4 week, you will hear/read my gripe about it when I do)

Year to Date: 20-8

No comments:

Post a Comment