Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fate, Dumb Luck, Perfect Timing and maybe some Heavenly Help

Sometimes in life, things just happen and you can't really explain why. As I sit back and reflect, I am reminded of an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" where Ted reflects back on a whole day and how it worked out perfectly to be in the right place at the right time to get the right job that would eventually lead him to the right person. If you want details, you can look up the episode for yourself -- I can't actually remember which one it is at the moment. Moving on...sometimes things just happen and it works out perfectly.

Deciding to take the time to visit a friend 3 hours away can lead to a whole chain of events that work out perfectly. Being force fed by your grandparents when you're already late, hitting all the stoplights at the right time, crossing the street in front of a car speeding towards you and being stood up by a friend in one day doesn't sound like much, but for me, it changed everything. It changed my attitude towards school, friends, missionary homecomings, work and dating. Now if you remotely know me, you can probably figure out what I'm referring to without breaking a sweat, but that's ok. I'd rather leave it vague in hopes that you take the time to reflect on your own life... because you never know when fate, dumb luck, perfect timing and maybe some heavenly help are responsible for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment